The town of Minglanilla resulted from
the merging of the barrios of Lipata, Tungkop and Lubag. It was made an
independent parish by Diocesan Decree on October 30, 1857. It was placed
under the advocation of the Most Pure Heart of Mary.
Construction of the Church
Fr. Nicolas Lopez started the
construction of the church with harigues and mortar in 1880. The
construction was continued by Fr. Miguel del Burgo in 1878 and completed by
Fr. Juan Alonso in 1886. The oldest bell was installed in 1863 by Fr.
The church is made of Gothic style -
the flame-like arches, the painted domes of the bell towers and the spires,
and flying buttresses - which blend well with the semi-circular arched
openings. The geometric forms and the trefoil arch suggest possible Muslim